6 Best Dressed ~ Grammys 2014
by Kéla Walker
Like millions of others I was tuned into the 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night but before the awards were handed out, it’s all about the Grammys red carpet- one of my favorite during awards season. The Grammy Awards are the one time when anything goes. Musical artist are quite different from actors and it great to see the creative freedom of expression come out in their red carpet look. This year was filled with several keepers. Kontinue to see my Grammy’s best dressed
My Top 5 Best Dressed Ladies of the Grammys ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. Beyonce skipped the red carpet but made up for it after opening up the Grammys in a stunning Michael Costello. Many people didn’t like the hair but I though it was very “I woke up like this” FLAWLESS.
2. Ciara is showing the girls how you carry a baby in style. I absolutely love her maternity style and this dress is no different. Typically I’m never swayed by pregger looks on the red carpet but this Ciara look- from the dress to the hair and the makeup – It was GOLDEN.
3. As soon as I got a glimpse of Paris Hilton on the Grammys red carpet I declared her a winner. Her long mock neck sheer side panel dress was quite the stunner.
4. I’m not a big Taylor Swift fan. I can take her or leave her but I when I saw Taylor in this dress, she won me over. The Gucci number is just so swoon worthy. Come to think of it, Taylor has really stepped things up awards season and I’m loving every dress revealing progress she makes. This dress was definitely a Grammy Winner.
5. I love that Rita Ora did away with the long gown and went with a short sequin number. The iridescent dress was quite the looker. At times it was green, then silver or gold, all depending on how the light hit it. Rita definitely hit the right note in this Grammys red carpet looker.
Honorable mention goes to Chrisette Michele. You know I live for a print and pants suit so I double love this look. It’s not necessarily a red carpet look per se but then again, it’s the Grammys and thus anything goes. Plus here Makeup was GORGEOUS! You better work Chrisette!
Katy Perry took the award for “Only at the Grammy’s” in that musical note tulle Valentino dress. Let’s just say it was a very Perry look.
6. I think model Nicole Trunfio received little notice but I I absolutely love her look. I know she was there to support her Grammy nominated BF Gary Clark, Jr. but I just want to see that dress. I really wish Paparazzi would have asked him to step aside in order to snap a full solo picture of this stunner. The pearl color, the unique sequin details, those bell sleeves, the plunging neckline. This dress is Everything, I tell you. EVERYTHING! Everyone would have talked about it, had Taylor Swift or Beyonce wore it.
Who was your favorite from the Grammy’s red carpet?
Were there any looks you wanted to kan?